Student Abstract Submission Form
51st ANNUAL FALL CONFERENCE
OCTOBER 27, 2018
QUEENSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE
COLLEGE FRESHMEN, SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS, SENIORS AND GRADUATE STUDENTS IN THE BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT ABSTRACTS IN THE 12 MACUB SCIENTIFIC AREAS
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED THROUGH THE ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION SITE BY 8:00 P.M. ET ON OCTOBER 17, 2018.
UPON SUBMISSION ON THE ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION SITE YOU WILL RECEIVE A “CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT”. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THIS, THEN YOUR SUBMISSION WAS NOT PROPERLY ENTERED
LATE SUBMISSIONS, EMAIL AND PAPER SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
A STUDENT MAY ONLY BE LISTED AS THE PRESENTING AUTHOR ON ONE ABSTRACT.
ABSTRACTS MUST CONTAIN:
- (1) At least one student author as well as a faculty mentor. They should be listed in the author block followed by their institution’s address(s),
- (2) A hypothesis or statement about the problem under INVESTIGATION,
- (3) A statement of the experimental methods/methodology used,
- (4) Essential results provided in summary form,
- (5) A conclusion that explains how the work contributes to the hypothesis or statement of the problem.
Citations, tables or keywords are not allowed in the abstract text.
Each poster is to be mounted on a trifold poster board which must be supplied by THE STUDENT.
YOUR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL THE MACUB REGISTRAR RECEIVES YOUR CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FORM ACCOMPANIED BY THE REGISTRATION FEES OR A PURCHASE REQUISITION FORM BY OCTOBER 22, 2018.